By Michael P. Levine, Damian Cox
An advent to philosophy via movie, Thinking via movie: Doing Philosophy, staring at Movies combines the exploration of basic philosophical concerns with the event of viewing motion pictures, and offers an interesting studying event for undergraduate scholars, philosophy fanatics and movie buffs alike.
• An in-depth but obtainable creation to the philosophical issues raised through movies, movie spectatorship and film-making
• offers 12 self-contained, shut discussions of person movies from throughout genres
• motion pictures mentioned contain overall bear in mind, Minority record, los angeles Promesse, humorous video games, Ikuru, The darkish Knight, souvenir, AI and more
• Explores ideas that span epistemology, metaphysics, destiny, selection, robotic love, time trip, own identification, spectacle, ethics, good fortune, remorse, consequentialism, deontology and the philosophy of movie itself
• A uniquely versatile source for classes in philosophy and picture that encourages scholar mirrored image, in addition to being an enticing learn for the movie fanatic