By Whitney Quesenbery, Sarah Horton
While you're accountable for the consumer adventure, improvement, or procedure for a website, A internet for Everyone may also help you are making your web site available with no sacrificing layout or innovation. Rooted in common layout ideas, this booklet offers options: sensible suggestion and examples of the way to create websites that everybody can use.
Read or Download A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences PDF
Similar web development books
Boost your personal home page improvement talents with this step by step functional advisor
* transparent step by step directions with plenty of functional examples
* boost state of the art personal home page functions like by no means earlier than with assistance from this well known IDE, via fast and straightforward strategies
* event interesting positive aspects of personal home page program improvement with real-life personal home page initiatives
NetBeans has many gains that significantly simplify Hypertext Preprocessor improvement, and with its numerous good points and nice flexibility, personal home page builders can develop into crushed by way of the IDE's innovations. This ebook offers step by step directions that enable you to take keep an eye on of our environment and utilize those beneficial properties to make your Hypertext Preprocessor software improvement extra effective and efficient than ever before.
"PHP software improvement with NetBeans: Beginner's Guide" leads you thru the an important elements of Hypertext Preprocessor programming and exhibits you the way to exploit the beneficial properties of NetBeans that might increase your personal home page improvement adventure via transparent and simple instructions.
The booklet will get you began with the advance atmosphere and instruments, and takes you thru engaged on functional tasks with a transparent concentration. With each one bankruptcy being mission-critical, the ebook is an ideal spouse to spice up your personal home page coding productiveness and achieve adventure with even complicated projects.
The booklet begins with constructing the personal home page improvement atmosphere and introduces interesting and worthwhile IDE positive aspects. You'll the best way to construct advanced Hypertext Preprocessor tasks equivalent to on-line industry functions or even good friend locator Google Maps purposes. You'll have a good time operating with Zend framework software improvement and also you also are brought to a few very beneficial NetBeans plugins.
Working with the NetBeans IDE for personal home page improvement has its personal merits, and this e-book reassures the aim. This publication is stuffed with illustrations, screenshots, and transparent directions to take your Hypertext Preprocessor improvement to a brand new point or even indicates you time-saving methods and different productiveness enhancements.
What you'll examine from this e-book
* enhance personal home page functions via leveraging NetBeans performance
* manage your personal home page improvement surroundings on numerous structures, protecting intact the simplest gains of the IDE
* examine personal home page improvement in a enjoyable and simple approach with awesome actual lifestyles personal home page purposes
* improve your purposes quicker via shrewdpermanent making plans
* Debug and try your Hypertext Preprocessor tasks with transparent directions and straightforward tips
* record your resource codes with 0 attempt utilizing NetBeans
* increase the ability of personal home page improvement with model controlling instrument, Git
* collect sharp utilization of NetBeans and observe in fast moving improvement environments via mission-critical chapters
A Beginner's advisor
Who this e-book is written for
The ebook is geared toward Hypertext Preprocessor builders who desire to increase Hypertext Preprocessor functions whereas profiting from NetBeans performance to ease their software program improvement efforts and make the most of the robust beneficial properties of the IDE. Familiarity with NetBeans isn't really assumed. although, a bit familiarity with personal home page improvement is expected.
The hugely praised source returns with up to date content material, examples, and code downloads
* bargains an outline of the WordPress process and describes what occurs while a WordPress-generated web content is displayed
* Demonstrates extending WordPress via plugins and customizing it through themes
* Combines a developer view of consumer adventure and optimization with the deployment requisites for functionality, protection, and measurement
* contains code downloads and code samples from the book's website
About the Author
Brad Williams is the co-founder of WebDevStudios. com, organizes and speaks at WordPress occasions, and is the coauthor WordPress Plugin Development.
David Damstra is the vp prone for CU*Answers, the place his crew of builders empowers consumers with WordPress.
Hal Stern is a vice president at Juniper Networks and is the coauthor of Blueprints for prime Availability.
Definite, you should use responsive website design to create excessive functionality, compelling web pages. With this sensible booklet, writer Tom Barker demonstrates that responsive layout isn't just a frontend-only process, but additionally a philosophy for profiting from the whole net stack. Responsive layout styles and anti-patterns, derived from seriously used real-world websites, are guiding ideas through the e-book.
Discover ways to layout, construct, and installation your Firefox OS purposes, equipped with net applied sciences, to the Firefox Marketplace
About This Book
• Create attractive and interactive Firefox OS functions via employing your wisdom of net development
• Cater your purposes to a major variety of clients via porting them to the Firefox OS
• A step by step studying workflow with real-life purposes to illustrate the concepts
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
• set up, use, and entry the Firefox OS simulator with assistance from WebIDE
• Get to grasp approximately program happen records and the fundamental distinction among internet purposes and Firefox OS applications
• Create an program that measures the tapping pace of the user
• Create an program that enables a consumer to envision in at a spot with geolocation tagging
• entry device-specific gains with WebAPIs and enforce those via construction a photograph enhancing and sharing application
• publish your individual purposes to the Firefox market and percentage them with others
• Professionally hold the code of your software with the aid of Github and set up your hosted purposes to OpenShift
With vast compatibility, the most recent in internet applied sciences, and robust improvement instruments, Firefox is a smart selection for either net builders and finish clients. Firefox OS's promoting of HTML5 as a first-class citizen opens up the walled gardens of cellular software improvement for net builders. the reason is, of this initiative that no precise SDKs are required to enhance for Firefox OS. This e-book may also help you excel within the paintings of constructing functions for Firefox OS. It sequentially covers wisdom construction, abilities acquisition, and functional purposes. beginning with an creation to Firefox OS, utilization of WebIDE, after which the applying constitution, this e-book introduces purposes of accelerating complexity with each one bankruptcy. An software that measures your tapping pace, a geolocation tagging software, and a photograph modifying and sharing software are the 3 purposes that would be equipped from scratch. you'll know about subject matters equivalent to the variation among numerous varieties of Firefox OS purposes, software take place documents, offline apps, and designing rules for purposes. additionally, you will learn how to attempt and put up the purposes to and at last retain the repository of the Firefox OS software. by way of the tip, it is possible for you to to improve superbly designed, fully-fledged, and carefully verified Firefox OS purposes and likewise proportion them on the Firefox OS Marketplace.
Style and approach
This publication is an easy-to-grasp workflow with useful examples of real-world purposes resembling Clickr, sign in! , and FotoFox. each one bankruptcy explains the innovations, that are then bolstered as they're proven in an program or a flowchart.
- Agile Web Development with Rails (4th edition)
Extra info for A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences
Clear Purpose: Well-Defined Goals 43 Summary A clear purpose is the starting point for any successful design. Like any user experience design, a clear purpose starts with understanding the audience, including people with disabilities. Thinking about accessibility from the beginning—“Accessibility First”—is similar to the approach of thinking “Mobile First” to ensure that the design works as well in a screen reader as it does on a small screen. There are three approaches to accessibility: 46 • Universal design aims for a website or app in which the same design and content elements work for everyone, no matter how they interact with the web.
How to Design for a Clear Purpose Design for universal usability is an excellent way to arrive at a clear purpose. You can focus on necessary features, avoiding elements that are not essential to the product purpose. With accessible design as a starting point, you end up with a better product—one that has a clear purpose and is easier for everyone to use. Start with purpose and goals All too often, teams dive into a project without a clear idea of its purpose and goals. They start knowing the site will have a shopping cart, video, or social media, and then dive into designing the site without first knowing its core mission.
Then, for example, when you think about coding for screen readers, you will think of Jacob, or Trevor might give you some insight into cognitive disabilities. Finally, we hope that the goals of the standards will come alive through these characters. Meet the Personas In the next pages, we’ll introduce you to the personas we created for this book, first in a thumbnail sketch and then in more detail. Throughout the chapters that follow, you will find scenarios and vignettes that illustrate how these personas use the web and mobile devices, giving you some ideas for how to design for them.